Office: 471F Rhodes Hall, Ithaca, NY 14853
Email: eu49 -at- cornell.edu
I am a Ph.D. student in the School of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Cornell University, working in Computer Systems Laboratory (CSL) under supervision of Prof. Zhiru Zhang. My research interests are design automation and specialized computing.
I received my BS degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering from Bogazici University (Istanbul, Turkey) in 2016. In my senior year, I worked on Analog Intellectual Property at Bogazici University Electronic CAD Laboratory under Prof. Gunhan Dundar.
I was an undergraduate researcher at Microsystems Technology Laboratories of Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), working on Thermal Energy Harvesting for Self-Powered Smart Home Sensors under Prof. Anantha Chandrakasan from June to September in 2015.
- S. Dai, Y. Zhou, H. Zhang, E. Ustun, E. F.Y. Young, and Z. Zhang, Fast and Accurate Estimation of Quality of Results in High-Level Synthesis with Machine Learning, International Symposium on Field-Programmable Custom Computing Machines (FCCM), May 2018. (Best Paper Award in the Short Paper Category)
- M. Yun, E. Ustun, P. Nadeau, and A. Chandrakasan, Thermal Energy Harvesting for Self-Powered Smart Home Sensors, IEEE MIT Undergraduate Research Technology Conference (URTC), Nov. 2016. (Best Paper Award)
- Head Teaching Assistant of ECE 2300 – Digital Logic and Computer Organization, Jan – May 2017.
Honors and Awards
- Cornell Graduate School Fellowship, 2016-2017
- Bogazici University Dean’s High Honor List, 2012-2016
- The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey (TUBITAK) Scholarship, 2015
- Prime Ministry of Turkey Scholarship (for the top 100 in the National University Entrance Exam), 2012-2016